DLA Medical

Moderators: *Lisa*, shazq, denys, loubie, helen virgo, FluppyPuffy, janham

DLA Medical

Postby iandp » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:37 pm

Hi all

I have just received today my letter for my DLA Medical visit, it's on Jan 2nd @ 9am.

Just wandered if any1 had any advice or experience of these.

Thank you
iandp
UKFM Member

Re: DLA Medical

Postby denys » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:22 am

:fingerscrossed: and :goodluck2: I think some of the advice seems to be dont be fooled by any friendly chit chat and take someone with you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys

Postby lolabolla » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:48 am

I had a home visit medical requested by DWP and performed by one of their Atos doctors. He asked me lots of questions, tested my trigger points, ouch! and had me doing various movements ie can you touch your toes..........no etc., he also asked me what a typical day was like and what I work I did for a living.
I answered every one of his questions honestly and truthfully, told him how my symptoms effected me at home and at work.
My son sat in on the medical and assisted in answering questions about my motability and care needs. I found the whole experience very proffesional although I do understand I am quite fortunate compared to some peeps on here. Approximately three weeks later I received the big brown envelope and was awarded HRM and LRC DLA.

Lola x
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby iandp » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:39 pm

thanx for ur comments

Mine is a home visit too, my wife will be present.

I had heard so many stories where the ATOS person was very choosy as to what to record and what not to record and then also fabricate information making out things was not as bad as the claimant has stated it is even thou it was.

Knowing hoe devious these ppl can be i was just a bit rarery of what their actions might be

here's hoping for a good Dr if that is at all possible.
iandp
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits