Won my appeal - but now what?

Moderators: *Lisa*, shazq, denys, loubie, helen virgo, FluppyPuffy, janham

Won my appeal - but now what?

Postby susan74 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:32 pm

Hi everyone, I am looking for any help or information anybody might have about what comes next.

I went to my tribunal yesterday and after a very quick session (20 mins) was informed I had won my appeal! :mrgreen: I was so relieved i burst into tears lol, but I realised later that I have absolutely no idea what happens now. I just hadn't thought any further than the tribunal date!
I think the judge mentioned that I could inform the DWP, as it might start things moving quicker than waiting for them to get in touch with me, but I might be wrong about that - I was stil in shock!.
Anyway, what I was really wondering is what happens on the money side of things? Do they backdate right back to the date my medical was disallowed, and do I get reinstated onto my old rate (i was on IB high rate before). Not sure who else to ask about all of this because in my experience people at the DWP usually have no idea, and my CAB advisor wasn't much use to be honest.

Any info would be much appreciated, and a huge good luck to anybody currently going through the medical/appeals process.
susan74
UKFM Member

Re: Won my appeal - but now what?

Postby lolabolla » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:45 pm

Hi susan,

Sorry I can't answer your questions, just wanted to say well done winning your appeal.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Congrats on winning your appeal susan :woot: :woot: :woot:

I'm sorry susan, I've not got much of an idea about what happens next either :facepalm: :facepalm: Maybe contacting the centre that was dealing with your case might be somewhere to start. Hopefully they'll be able to tell you what will happen next for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy

Postby noonoo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:11 pm

Hi Susan, congratlations on winning your appeal, i am currently waiting for my hearing date but i was informed by my benefits adviser that when an appeal is won, you are best to call the dla and inform them of the outcome of the hearing. they can confirm this with the centre that dealt with your hearing, whilst waiting for the paperwork. The dla have to back date your benefit to the date of your application. So go and make that call, ooohh i can feel a shopping trip coming on for you young lady. Well done :wine:

Hope this info helps :-D
noonoo
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:41 pm

Hi susan and well done on winning. When I won my DLA appeal, the dwp got in touch pretty quickly and the money was backdated to the start of my claim. Maybe you were advised to contact them due to the high number of appeals at present.

It cant hurt, give it a go and I would imagine you should go to the higher rate too (but not sure about this bit) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys

Postby susan74 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:50 pm

Thank you everyone for all your congratulations.

I should probably make things a bit clearer here. My appeal was for ESA as they were transfering me from Incapacity to ESA and said I didn't qualify anymore. Anyway, as I said the tribunal overturned the descision yesterday, so even though it's not for DLA (should have stated that, sorry) I think that I will ring DWP on Monday and see what they say. The other thing is my sick note is due again soon and I'm not sure if I now need to continue supplying these, so I think I'll take your advice and ring.

Somebody at the DWP should know - right :?: :?: :roll:

When I find out I will post in case anybody else needs the info.

Thanks again everyone.
susan74
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:09 pm

I would imagine you won't need a new sick note Susan - I've got my ESA medical tomorrow (woo) and I was told that if I pass the medical I wouldn't have to send in any notes in any more. However it's best to ring up and chase it, if they haven't processed the appeal result through their systems yet then they made need a note if they think yours will run out before they've done the paperwork etc. Best to play it safe and cover your back.

Well done on winning your appeal, you must be thrilled :-)
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:14 pm

Yep Susan, I only mentioned DLA as that was what my appeal was for and I reckon the rules should be very similar anyway I hope they are for you and you get a big bonus very very soon :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

denys

Postby war veteran » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:20 pm

can you give me some of your luck i got tribunal 1st march for armed forces compensation fingers crossed i win be able buy a house lol :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
war veteran
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:24 pm

sending goodluck vibes to you war veteran :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

denys

Postby busy mummy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:33 pm

Nice one Susan!!!

You could ring DWP but I am pretty sure they will tell you that they have to await official confirmation from the tribunal ppl.

My advice is to leave it a week or till you get your letter and then ring them to make sure they got theirs.

They should back-pay you at the wrag rate to week 13 of your claim, mine took about 3 weeks to be paid.

In the mean-time I can highly recomend reveling in your victory, I didnt come down off the ceiling for about 5 days when I won mine, and enjoy that stress free feeling for a while.

:welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :woot: :woot: :woot: :wine: :wine: :wine:

Sarah x
busy mummy
UKFM Member

Postby susan74 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:57 pm

Firstly good luck for your tribunal war veteran, hope all goes well.

busy mummy wrote:They should back-pay you at the wrag rate to week 13 of your claim, mine took about 3 weeks to be paid.

Not sure how this is going to work with me because it was an ongoing claim, just transferring my benefit as they phase out Incapacity benefit. I don't think the 13 week rule should apply here (my claim was 16 years old lol) and as I understand it, because the original ATOS decision was that I was no longer entitled to my original benefit (IB), and this descision was overturned yesterday, i think my original rate should stand, but I can't find anything anywhere that would tell me differently. Looks like i'm just going to have to wait for DWP to tell me.

I actually have the official descision letter now, tribunal printed it and gave me it there and then, so might ring monday. Will start things moving anyway, coz i know exactly how the dwp like to drag their feet when it comes to actually paying what they owe. :cry:
susan74
UKFM Member

Postby shelleydwales » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:35 pm

Well done susan!!! Good news!!
Good luck war veteran!! Xx

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby MCT » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:01 pm

Well done!

The amount you get will depend on what Group you were put into - WRA or Support, the rates are here: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAnd ... /DG_171896
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby scartlass » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:02 am

Hi Susan, well done!

i won my ESA appeal march 2011 (i am now going for another appeal as i only got 6 point for ESA medical)in relation to the medical cert, if your is out soon, then send in another one.
The DWP have 28 days to appeal the tribunal decision, i have never heard of them doing so but thats the way it is, they will back date your money, phone them up on Monday and tell them the result, they will more than likely say they haven't received any conformation of this yet, and then phone them every few day's until they pay up, otherwise they will just leave it for as long as possible.

But as i said don't forget to send in a new mediacl cert when it's due unless they have sorted it by then.

happy shopping!

mary
scartlass
UKFM Member

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits