dwp reconsideration

Moderators: *Lisa*, shazq, denys, loubie, helen virgo, FluppyPuffy, janham

dwp reconsideration

Postby lucylulu » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:01 pm

first time posting, could anyone help me, i asked for a reconsideraton to be moved from wrag to support group, what kind of letter do you recieve when a decision has been made, recieved a letter this mornining saying we have looked at your claim again following a recent change, but just goes on to tell me the same information i got when i was put in the wrag group in december, is this the letter you get, no information about ie after looking at this we cannot change decision, top of letter says a change in the employment and support allowance rate payable, thanks for any help.
lucylulu
UKFM Member

Re: dwp reconsideration

Postby Treece » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:20 am

my advice... give them a ring and ask them.... i seem to remember someone else saying they got a repeat letter with no explanation ... its always worth a phone call.

x Treece
Treece
UKFM Member

Postby lucylulu » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:20 am

thankyou treece, will do that, also got first work focased interview tomorrow, was toying with the idea of asking then, but anxious about going to that, the only difference i can see is on first one it says i have contribution and income esa and tis oneonly states contribution.
lucylulu
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:48 am

Definitely give them a ring Lucy, or ask at your WFI, the adviser you see should be able to find out what is happening for you. A letter concerning your recon should tell you whether they have been able to change the decision in your favour or not. If they haven't been able to change it, it should also include info about what to do and what will happen next in the appeals process.

Only one type of ESA is paid to a claimant, depending on which they qualify for. If you're unsure about which one you qualify for, again ask about it, either when you ring them or see your adviser at your WFI.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy

Postby lucylulu » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:26 pm

thanks for quick reply fluffy, will ask today, there was no information other than what i said, maybe not get disheartened yet.
lucylulu
UKFM Member

Postby lucylulu » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:46 pm

just to let you know letter was an information only letter, still awaiting reconsideration, thanks all for your comments.
lucylulu
UKFM Member

Postby Mumihippo » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:33 pm

Sorry to drop in on your post. I sent away my reconsideration for te exact same reason middle of Dec. I've called to get updates lots but just told that they are still waiting on original docs to be sent from storage!! Surely it doesn't take her long. While on the phone she also told me I would be getting a letter about sanctions as I haven't been to my wfi but I went to my meeting already in Jan. it all seems a bit all over the place. Does anyone know the correct timescales?
Mumihippo
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:32 am

FluppyPuffy wrote:Only one type of ESA is paid to a claimant, depending on which they qualify for. If you're unsure about which one you qualify for, again ask about it, either when you ring them or see your adviser at your WFI.

In a minority of cases ESA can be made up of both CB and IB.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby lucylulu » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:23 pm

still waiting on decision, work focased interview was not too bad, was informed i have it for 24 months and will write to me in 5 months and do it over the phone, hope they stick to this, but still anxiously waiting on reconsideration x
lucylulu
UKFM Member

Postby lucylulu » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:46 pm

reconsideration not overturned, dont meet the criteria, they are sending my paper to appeal, dont know if i can face that,any advice please xx
lucylulu
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:22 am

Hi

Please contact dwp regarding income/contribution based ESA especially if you dont have a partner or a partner that works. I was place in the contribution based ESA initially and if left me without help for my mortgage and it took them 6 months to finally get this sorted and as you can imagine this left me in a financial mess as the mortgage still had to be paid on time. This was the start of the slippery slope to repossesion!!! After 6 months i was finally put into income and contribution based ESA and i am still on this to this day. I failed my initial medical as i was only given 6 points so i appealled. With the help of CAB and a letter from my GP i was placed into the support group so they overturned their decision at reconsideration which i couldnt believe i really thought i would have a fight on my hands. Over 3 years later i was up for reassessment and with the additional information and evidence from my consultants, test results etc i was once again put into the support group without a medical!!! My next assessment is due in august 2014 so at least i can breath again before my next battle. But it just goes to show that the initial paperwork must be correct otherwise you could end up in the same black hole as i did. The DWP played a large pare in me having my home repossessed but except for my disabilities i am comfortable and happy in my council adapted bungalow.

:goodluck2: with it all and please query the income and contribution based ESA. This is paid when you have worked for a long period of time and you dont have a partner or a partner in employment. By the time i was placed into the support group i had already attended all of my WFI which was annoying but i was one of the first applicants for ESA so they were keen to show it worked!!!!!..........

If i can help any further please just ask but i am going just on personal experience.

Millyxx :-D
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits