Still shell shocked !...ESA Support Group

Moderators: *Lisa*, shazq, denys, loubie, helen virgo, FluppyPuffy, janham

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:07 pm

Had to share my good news with everyone , I have just been told that I have been put in the ESA Support Group for 18months !

I am totally amazed by the results as I didn't even have an interview or medical . The way I was told was also quite strange as I received an envelope this morning from the Benefits Work Focused Interview advisor telling me that "due to my circumstances I was not required to attend for interview." Not understanding what this meant I then phoned and asked what were the circumstances on which the decision was based .

It was the Personal Advisor that told me the good news ...I'm not popping the champagne corks yet until I get the ESA noticifaction letter but am quite amazed that I have recently got both DLA & now it seems ESA without seeing a medic.

I have to admit I used the advice on the benefits & works website to fill out my form . The advice was really amazing and I added quite a bit that I would have thought not relevant. It certainly made me see all the forms in a different light!

Am really still quite shell shocked about it all ! :crazy: :crazy:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Re: Still shell shocked !...ESA Support Group

Postby millymoodoo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:33 pm

:woot: :woot: :woot:

That is fantastic news :welldone: I too didnt have a medical and was placed into support group again until june 2014!!! I had previously been in support group for previous 3 plus years after a fight but this time no fight and no medical but i also used the information from benefits and work!!!! I bet you cant believe it i know i couldnt at least you can concentrate on your health now that stress is out of the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hugs: Millyxxx :-D

PS Boots :cat1: looks like you are in for an extra special treat lol!!!!!!!!!xxxxxxxx
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:43 pm

Great news ISM :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys

Postby clubsound4 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:54 pm

I was put in the same group :-D you can sort of relax a bit am so pleased for you :-D
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Postby missmaxi » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:55 pm

Hi there, I don't really ever reply or post anything on here but I do read everyones post. I find it gives me hope.
I have recently appealed against being put into WRAG and got my appeal yesterday and been refused with a massive explanation but the explanation was in my favour but still was refused.
Today I had another letter from HMCourts and Tribunals asking if I want to appeal again, i'm not sure whether to appeal on my own or get a representative which will probably take longer and I need to reply within 14 day.
Can anyone give me any advice I would be so grateful.
I promise to get on here more its just that i'm so sick of being sick that i'm fed up of reeling off my ailments.
Love to all :pull-hair: xxx
missmaxi
UKFM Newbie

Postby pamr100 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:05 pm

Oh gosh, well done......but how strange, I got a phone call yesterday from my decision maker to say that my my renewal application had come back with the recommendation that I stay in the support group for a further 18 months. I'm very pleased and relieved, but strange?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
pamr100
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:23 pm

Pam As the saying goes there's nowt so strange as folk or it seems the dealing of the ESA folk. it might be strage but I'm not worrying about it .
Missimax , Am afraid not the best person to give advise but if I had to deal with it I think I would look for some to represent me as the stress etc probably wouldn't be good for the FM . At least with a rep they might do all the hard work or is that me very niave ?
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby fibrocomfort » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:11 pm

Well done iceskatemum :-D

i am waiting to hear back from DLA its only been about 10 days but i used the benefit and works website , i was just wondering if you can remember how long you had to wait to hear back from them.

Cas x
fibrocomfort
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:10 pm

Nice news for you ISM :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Just being a bit nosey here, do you have the full membership on Benefits and Work or was there enough info on the free~to~access parts of the site to help you???
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy

Postby Flash » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:37 pm

I'm so glad you have got that ISM, this is now a great end to one worry for you anyway. Yes, it can be quite a shock especially when you hear so many awful stories of the crazy fights that some well deserving folk have to go through. it's a daunting prospect making the first steps towards getting these benifits. I'm so pleased that it has paid off for you though. There is hope after all...
:woot: :chicken-dance: :woot: :chicken-dance: Adding a few :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :sheep: Jus cuz I know you lurve them... :lol:
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:50 am

Missmaxi I would appeal again especially if you feel the explanation was in your favour, can you get an appointment with CAB or DIAL and ask for them to look at the award letter for you :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: anyway whatever you decide :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:01 am

Thanks folk for all the good wishes, still haven't got the official letter just going on what the work interview assessor lady said !

Fibrocomfort , can't remember how long it was until I got the results of my DLA application but would guess at 3-4 weeks which I thought wasn't too bad given the Department say's it can take up until 8-9 weeks for them to process things.

FP I actually took out the full membership of the site which was £19.95 for 12 months as I had the 2 forms to fill out almost at the same time. There was a reduced price of £15.95 for a full 12 month membership on the site for a while not sure if still applicable. I was then able to download the full members guides to tthe various different benefits . The way I looked at it was it was £20 well spent if it helped me get either of the awards I was trying for but it also had guides for appeals as well which I thought was a good fall back if it didn't go as well as I hoped :lol: :lol:

Thanks for my :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :sheep: Flash , your right I do love them , the expression on thier faces are really funny and of total surprise a bit like I was when told I had been put in the support group. It is nice to be on the side of some good news for a change .

Quick query to those that know about these sort of things.

I was claiming ESA at the beginning before group decision through the contributions route which I know if you get into WRAG only lasts for 12 months. Am I right in thinking that by being put into the support group it will still be through the contributions route and pensions /OH money is not considered and will be for the timeframe decided by the decisionmaker which in my case is approx 18months ?

Still find the whole thing a little bit confusing .

Good luck to anyone else having to make a claim , at least my experience is an example that sometimes it does work !

:blowkiss: :blowkiss:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby pamr100 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:42 am

ISM, it's strange but true!! I belong to the Benefits and Work site too, best 20 quid I spent last year, then when it was time to renew, they sent a email with a special offer for £10, bit their hand off!

The best piece of advice I can offer when filling in the forms is to NEVER just tick the boxes. Always fill in the description boxes at the bottom of each section, and go on to extra sheets if you need to. (I think I included 8 extra sheets ) answer each question as thoroughly as possible, even if it means you've repeated yourself from a previous question.

From a very relieved and with it just sinking in :-) Pam

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
pamr100
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:35 am

Mine should be due for review later in the year so will have a fuller look at Benefits and Work a touch nearer the time.

ISM when you're in the Support Group your award is paid for as long as it states in the letter/until they decide your next review is necessary. The 365 day rule only applies to those on contribution based ESA and are placed in WRAG.

When All Else Fails, Hug Your Teddy xx

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:35 pm

hi, great news a worry less for you.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits