DLA Home Medical Visits

Moderators: *Lisa*, shazq, denys, loubie, helen virgo, FluppyPuffy, janham

DLA Home Medical Visits

Postby MCT » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:18 pm

Just curious if everyone on here who has applied for DLA has had a home medical visit.

I've had yet another letter from DLA (the second one this month) informing me that they are sorry that they haven't given me a decision on my claim yet. I can only assume that they haven't had my GPs report yet.

Even with a GPs report am I likely to have a visit from DLA Doctor regardless if the report is favourable?
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/FMClinics/

My get up and go just got up and went!!!

As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the splinters be facing in the right direction :)
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby mistyblu » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:16 pm

the first time i applied for DLA i had a Dept Works and pensions Doctor visit me at home, she was very nice and i assume all was ok as i was awarded DLA for 2 years, the second time i applied it was also for 2 years.
When i applied the last time i got a letter to say they were going to ask my GP for a report, I was again awarded my DLA but this time for 4 years but they never did get in touch with my GP. I have been told they sometimes do this and if it a fraudulent claim and the GP knows nothing about this supposed illness then the person will withdraw the claim. Don;t know how true this is.[/u]
mistyblu
UKFM Member

Postby MCT » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:16 am

Had a letter dated 2/12/08 from DWP about my DLA claim.

I've been awarded LRC & LRM both for 2 years. What is puzzling me is they say it is partly based on my GPs report but I only discussed the form with her on Monday 1/12/08 as she wanted to speak to me first - I left her office just after 4pm! By the time she had seen all her other patients and handed my notes back to reception it would be at least after 5 so unless the info was faxed to DWP I doubt they would have got it so quickly.

I plan to appeal as they contradict themselves in the explanation of how they came to the decision. I'm also going to phone GP to enquire as to when/how (ie snail mail, fax, email) the report was sent out.
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/FMClinics/

My get up and go just got up and went!!!

As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the splinters be facing in the right direction :)
MCT
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits