Spontaneous unexplained bruising!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: *Lisa*, shazq, denys, loubie, helen virgo, FluppyPuffy, janham

Postby fibrodevil » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:27 am

Hi Everyone!
Just wondering if anyone else suffers with unexplained bruising?
I have had blood test and they have all come back normal but I seem to be covered in small bruises with no explanation for them.
Any information anyone may be able to give me on the cause would be greatly appreciated.

Sarah. xx
fibrodevil

Re: Spontaneous unexplained bruising!

Postby Duffinamdi » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:12 pm

I am the same, I sure some are because I am so clumsy, but I seem to bruise now so much easier now than I ever used too
Duffinamdi
UKFM Member

Postby Niki d » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:20 pm

Hi Sarah,
I am the same, I get loads of bruises my legs look a kids legs when they have been falling over in the play ground lol.
I get them every where I thought it was because I take methotrexate, but I have been off it for a good few weeks but I still keep getting them.
If I go for a blood test I get a very large purple bruise.
The thing is I can never remember that I have banged myself any ware.

Of late I have also started to loose quite a bit of hair, never used to fall out now it does all the time 
Just some thing else I expect they will put down to fm.

Hope that helps, gentle hugs niki 

---
Niki please stop adding this link you have been asked previously
Last edited by denys on Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: once AGAIN removing google link map
Niki d
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:57 pm

Hi
I bruise very easy and have unexplained bruising on my legs and arms. :roll:

I lose alot of hair as well Niki, when i wash my hair the plug hole has to be cleared out twice as it blocks :facepalm: even when i brush my hair i get lots in the sink. :(
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:01 pm

I've not noticed any extra hair loss, but I have lots of random bruising. I've always bruised easily with the slightest bump but it's definitely got worse since FM :facepalm: :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy

Postby ciderpig122 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:56 pm

without wanting to put ideas in anyones head, my FIbro is linked to my hypermobility, it may not be hypermobility becuase some other symptoms are pointing more towards Elher danhos, random bruising, raised visible scars, huge stretch marks, dispicably bendy joints, im covered in bruises, my ex used to beat me, so mum sometimes thinks its happening again! then realises oh hang on, hypermobility cause I am not with him anymore :S LOL

just do a bit of googling on these things as they do go hand in hand
:fingerscrossed: hope you get sorted
Fibromyalgia, Elher Danlos Type Hypermobile, OCD, Asthma, PTSD.
Im not ill, I am just special :D
ciderpig122
UKFM Member

Postby fibrodevil » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:59 am

Thank you so much for your replies. It's good to know it's not just me as I was starting to get worried. I don't experience hairloss though. It's great to know that I can ask questions on here.

Sarah xx
fibrodevil

Postby gilly-lou2 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:26 pm

Hi Sarah,I thought I was going mad because I have bruises on the back of my hand and have no idea how I got them and I too have"kids legs". :crazy:
gilly-lou2
UKFM Newbie

Postby Amberwillow » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:52 pm

I'm similar.. legs covered in bruises.. my dogs only have to knock me and it looks like I've been in a scrap! GP saw the bruises and insisted I have blood tests.. normal results (not anaemic etc).. but I have found I'm far clumsier now, will walk into the door frame rather than through it sometimes :wine: or just knock into stuff. I'm sure I look a little drunk sometimes :twodrinking2:
“Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.”—Thomas Merton
Amberwillow
UKFM Member

Postby loopyloo » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:58 pm

hiya :wave:

i get little bruises everywhere as well, don't remember doing it but i must be banging my self on things, does any body else find that the bruises hang around longer they seem to take ages to go away these days, :) :hugs:
loopyloo
UKFM Member

Postby cheekymunkey13 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:20 pm

hi sarah, i was on tramadol a couple of years ago to help with my pain, and i came out in the most gigantic bruises all over my body, as if i had been put in a boxing ring and had the living daylights punched out of me!!
when i came off them, they soon went away but i still get the odd random bruise which i cant say i know how it got there

sarahhepworth30 wrote:Hi Everyone!
Just wondering if anyone else suffers with unexplained bruising?
I have had blood test and they have all come back normal but I seem to be covered in small bruises with no explanation for them.
Any information anyone may be able to give me on the cause would be greatly appreciated.

Sarah. xx
cheekymunkey13
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:31 am

i have bruises now from being clumsy and barging into things but to be honest i assumed i am in so much pain anyway that if i banged into anything i would not notice any different sensations than normal. :dunno:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia