hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: *Lisa*, shazq, denys, loubie, helen virgo, FluppyPuffy, janham

hi

Postby tango444 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:55 pm

not too sure if ive posted in the right place. today has to be my most painful day ever so far. ive had all the medications i have for this and nothing, i feel really depressed as i am going through courts etc to try and fight so i can see my son as my ex has stoppped me from seeing him as i had to turn him down twice as i wasnt feeling up to seeing him(i was in too much pain) my parents dont understand how it feels, to them they think its just aches but its not its more than that. my hands are that swollen im dropping things etc and my back is killing me so much so is my knees and hips, im having to use a walking stick because of it :cry: i hate moaning etc so i try and get on with it but it gets to the point where im in bed half of the day. i would love to chat to someone who lives in peterborough so i can 'hang out' with them and just talk to someone who has it themselves. im only 22 and i just feel like im on my own. and job centre has put me on esa but also said i can work, i struggle doing simple things around the house. its driving me mad. i also suffer with psoriasis quite bad which also gets me down because of my appearance :cry:
tango444
UKFM Newbie

Re: hi

Postby masonsbarms » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:11 pm

hi tango, sorry you are feeling so bad, as well as having other problems to deal with.

you sound like you dont have much support,

all the stress cant be helping your fm or skin problem (sorry cant spell it).
have you seen your gp recently as they may be able to give you something else.

is there a support group in your area.

i cant think of anything else to suggest but you will always find help and support on here.

you need to tell the gp how you realy are feeling and try to rest as much as you can try to deal with you son first

leave what the job center thing till you have that sorted as its obviouse you are not fit for work.

i hope you get things sorted and you start to feel better soon.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:23 pm

:welcome: to the forum tango :wave:

Sorry to hear you are feeling down :hugs:
If your pain meds are not working you might need to get them changed so make an apt to see your Gp and ask for a pain review. It can be good to have a change in meds as your body does become used to them.

Have a look at the support group section, at the top of the thread we have a list of groups in all areas but if you dont see one in your area you could always start a new topic asking if anyone is in your area.

We have lots of info on ESA in = DWP,Working & Benefits.

Have a read around the forum and if you have any questions just ask :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:51 pm

Sorry to hear what you're having to deal with at the moment tango, as MB has already said, all the stress from the different things you have going off will be feeding both your FM and psoriasis. Found this linky, apologies if it repeats things that you have already come across http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Psoriasis/ ... tment.aspx. Depending on what treatment you've already had, might it be worth seeing what else could be available to help you with it, as well as other things that might help you with your FM.

Getting people to try and understand what it is like to live with FM can be really difficult and frustrating. The majority of people struggle to understand because there isn't anything they have experienced that can be used to compare against our explanations. The others either don't want to know or can't be bothered to try and understand anything about it. For your parents, you could try showing them this viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4732 Lots of people have said it has really helped exolain things, so it may be worth a try.

WRT your son, trying to arrange contact is difficult at the best of times, throw in an illness and it's off into another dimension :alien: :alien: :alien: Sadly, it's something that can be used against you by your ex. Have you supplied any detailed info about your conditions from credible sources?? And maybe something from your GP and/or other medical people you have seen could help with your side of things :-? :-? :-? Not sure what else to suggest at the moment, ran out of steam a bit too early :facepalm: :facepalm:

There's always plenty of support on here, and we will try to help you with things. Even if there isn't an answer, just knowing that there is someone there to offer a :grouphug: :grouphug: can help s well.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy

Postby tango444 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:28 pm

thank you everyone for your support it means the world to me :) and thank you for the help
tango444
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello