Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: *Lisa*, shazq, denys, loubie, helen virgo, FluppyPuffy, janham

Re: Introduce yourself ((xx))

Postby ruthdear1 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:33 pm

Hello my name is ruth. I have four children 14 to 19 and i look after nun who has dementia. We live in the north east of england. I have had fm for 17 years.
ruthdear1
UKFM Newbie

Postby loubie » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:48 pm

hi ruth :wave:
welcome to the forum :-D

welcome to all that i have missed too :wave: :blowkiss:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie

Postby denys » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:11 pm

Hi Ruth and anyone else I've missed :wave: and :welcome: to the forum :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:43 pm

:welcome: to the forum Ruth :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Lots of info, advice and support here, so have a look round and make yourself comfortable :wave: :wave: :wave:

Just ask if there's anything you want to know about and we'll try to help you with it :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy

Postby shazq » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:51 pm

:welcome: to the forum Ruth :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq

Postby nkotbgirl » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:57 pm

Hi All,

My name is Kerry, I'm 38 and was diagnosed with Psoratic Arthritis in March last year and was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in May.
Today is a really bad day, the pain is horrendous dont think this 'summer' weather is helping lol..I dont know much about FM yet. At the moment i'm on sick from work, as I am struggling with everyday tasks. Has anyone got advice on Disability benefits? Dont know if i'm entitled or not? Any advice would be most appreciated, Thank you :-)
nkotbgirl
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:41 pm

:welcome: to the forum Kerry :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

There is lots of info on here covering all sorts of subjects, so have a look round and a bit of a read. There is a board covering benefits which may have some useful info for you. When it comes to trying to find out what you may be entitled to claim, as the system is in such a mess, we usually suggest getting in touch with someone who is familiar with the system. Places that can help you with this incl CAB, DIAL, Welfare Rights as well as other similar organisations that may be in your area. There is a Benefits Enquiry Line, this linky gives you some info about it http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/b ... sabled.htm

Anything else you're wondering about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

FluppyPuffy

Postby Dorywoo » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:14 pm

Hi,
My name is Wendy. I got diagnosed with Fibromyalgia this morning, handed a leaflet and then quickly ushered out the door all within 5 mins! I have no idea where to go from here! I asked about medication and the consultant mentioned something that could help my sleep patterns and pain but, i couldn't catch the name of it lol! Im 32, Im a mum to a ten year old boy who has Aspergers, i work full time and Im studying at home for a degree in social sciences specializing in politics. Hoping i can gain some knowledge, advice, hints and tips for this forum although Im a little nervous! Xx
Dorywoo
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:31 pm

There's no need to worry Wendy, we're quite friendly and nice on here:grin:

There is lots of info and advice on here, covering all sorts of things, hopefully you'll find some answers to questions that are whirling round your head.

Just ask about anything you're wondering about and we'll try to help you with it :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Sent from a pinkified FluppyFone!!!

FluppyPuffy

Postby shazq » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:57 pm

:welcome: to the forum Wendy & Kerry

There is lots to get your head around but dont worry we have lots of help & support on here.
When it has all sunk in try to read up on as much info as you can just so you know what you are going to be up against.

There are different levels of fibro, some people do manage to control it with pain meds & carry on working but others have to give up working.

Most people start of with trying to sort their meds out first the med your consultant might have mentioned could have been Amitriptyline Wendy? That is a common med used to treat fibro, it helps with pain, sleep & depression.
Here is a link of what meds are commonly used to treat fibro-
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx

Sometimes it can take a combo of meds to get your pain under control so dont be surprised if your GP prescribes you more than one painkiller.
Any questions just ask :wave:
shazq

Postby SusanS » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:44 pm

Hi

My name is Susan, just turned 40 and just been diagnosed with FM...ironic?! I have a 13yr old daughter, and a host of other annoyances; Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hidradenitis, Coeliac Disease and IBS. I work full time in the telecoms industry and whilst I do my utmost to laugh off the challenges my ailments bring, secretly I am scared as hell.

Hoping to engage with others who have similar conditions and challenges with a view to finding some support & understanding and giving some back in return.

Sooze x
SusanS
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:07 pm

:welcome: to the forum and the :crazy: :crazy: world of FM Sooze :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

There is lots of advice and info on here, on all sorts of subjects, so have a look round, you may even come across some answers to questions you have whirling around at the moment :clap: :clap: :clap:

We try to help and support each other thru the stuff that comes along with FM, a well as join in when someone ha something nice to celebrate :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

FluppyPuffy

Postby shazq » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:07 pm

:welcome: to the forum Susan :wave:
shazq

Postby jennywrenjune » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:13 pm

Hi I am new to this site but not new to Fibrmyalgia, I am 55years old and I was diagnosed with having this dispicable condition in 2007,

I live with my husband who also has health issues I am his carer, and we have 2 Jack Russell dogs called jenny and Brandy these two little pests keep us both sane would you believe, and also help keep us moving. I am looking forward to meeting you all and hope to maybe learn more from you, and also maybe I may be able to contribute myself, but along the way I hope we can in some way have a little fun.
talk soon x
jennywrenjune
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:05 pm

Hi to Kerry, Wendy, Susan and Jenny, so sorry to have to greet so many all at once as that means even more people suffering but :welcome: :wave: to the forum and I hope we can offer you support when you need it :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys

PreviousNext

Return to Where to Say Hello