Salicylate free products

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: *Lisa*, shazq, denys, loubie, helen virgo, FluppyPuffy, janham

Salicylate free products

Postby Lis » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:27 pm

Hi there everyone

I am seriously thinking about trying guaifenisen, and I was wondering if you can purchase salicylate dental and hair products in the UK

I am trying to get prepared before starting on the tablets but find it so confusing, :? I have tried searching on the net but can't find any uk sites :(

Can anyone help :?:

Lisa
Lis
UKFM Member

Postby mairi » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:58 pm

I, like many people, have had Fibro. for years and have tried so much. Now know what helps at times and what has not, though in truth everything has helped-----in educating me about the body and all the connections of which I was previously ignorant.

I, too, am tempted to try either guaifenesin or Re-cuperation. My question is whether it is worth trying if you are not young! My condition is very poor and it is easy to lose all hope and think of nothing but increasing disability and misery.

Those of you who have tried/are following either treatment------can you give an indication of at what stage in your suffering(for want of a better word) you started it?

Many thanks Mairi
mairi
UKFM Member

Postby Lis » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:15 pm

Hi again everyone

woops sorry I forgot(theres a surprise) to ask if I was to buy recuperat-ion is there a particular one that I should purchase :?:

Lisa
Lis
UKFM Member

Postby fibroshaz » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:49 pm

Hi Lis

this is the uk guai support/info site http://ukfmsguai.tripod.com/ and you can find all the info you need hear.
It is fairly easy to find all the products you need. eg: I use Uncle Toms of Maine Silly Strawberry Toothpaste (sainsburys), imperial leather soap, Elvive shampoo. You will find lists of sal-free cosmetics toiletries etc on the site above. Good luck

Mairi,
I think age is immaterial, there is no reason why you should 'put up' with yuour level of suffering and disability just because you may not be a spring chicken!
Im now 44, I started on Guai about 2 years ago.
At that stage, I was resigned to 'having no life' for the rest of my life. I was practically bed-ridden, on the occasions when I could make it downstairs I just lay on the sofa, watching life go on around me. My poor hubby would have to carry me back up the stairs. I frequently fell over, my pain levels were usually around a 7 or 8 out of 10, and I spent most of my time in tears. I have 4 children, the youngest is only 4, the eldest nearly 18. I was so unhappy that i couldnt be a proper mum. I just existed and was so very depressed that suicide was never far from my thoughts. I was exhausted beyond imagining, but couldnt sleep, i might get an hour then would wake every few minutes for the next couple of hours then nothing. Many nights i would get zero sleep.
I felt of no use to anyone, and so sad that before long no one would remember the real me.
Guai literally saved my life. It can be a bit complicated and confusing to start with. I am so very lucky to have a devoted hubby who read up on guai and salicilates and sorted it all out for me. The state I was in back then, I dont think I could have organised it for myself.
Now I am a very happy lady. I can now walk around the house with out even using my sticks, I can walk short distances outside without needing my wheelchair. My pain levels are now most of the time down to about 2/10, sometimes 0/10!!! I have alot more energy, and have drastically reduced my pain meds. I have taken up card-making and more recently, scrapbooking, am reading again and enjoy life! Im even of to Barcelona for 5 days at the end of the month for my daughters 18th birthday.
Life just keeps getting better and better.

Re: Recup website is www.alfredblasi.net/ you can find all the info you need there.

Good luck both of you. If you do decide to go down the Guai route, there is alot of support out there.
If you want to know anything else, just ask and I'll help if I can

Sharon x
Ive not lost the 'old me', just become a 'new me'
fibroshaz
UKFM Member

Postby Kristine » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:21 pm

Hi Mairi,

How old is old then??? I'm 58, crashed at 54 and went on the guai protocol, got my life back!! I was in a very serious condition, bed/house bound and in terrible pain. I've been taking a guai break and trying out recuperat-ion, seems to be working alright. To be honest , if I was presented with both options, I don't know what I'd do, Recup has only been around for a couple of years, all I know is that Guai got me well again and if I think for one moment that I'm going backwards I 'll be back on it immediately. Of the two protocols guai is the more complicated and not everyone has benefited with recup, its a case of "suck it and see" really.

Sharon has given the website for Alfred Blasi, you can read his story there, and there's a link to the recup site, the company is very good, I ordered mine last Sunday and it arrived this morning.

If you need any information at all, please don't hesitate to ask, it's always good to hear that people are beating this rotten disease.

Kristine x
Kristine
UKFM Member

Postby Kristine » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:23 pm

Hi Lis,

Depends on what your worst symptoms are, for fatigue it's the lemon one I think, I just take the plain saline one as there are no sugars or artificial sweeteners in it, and it's the cheapest. Tastes very salty when you first start using it but I hardly notice it any more.

Best
Kristine x
Kristine
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping