Seizing up of the hands?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: *Lisa*, shazq, denys, loubie, helen virgo, FluppyPuffy, janham

Seizing up of the hands?

Postby Ruzin » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:45 pm

When I wake up my fingers and hands are seized up in a nearly fist like position and they are stiff and take a while to come undone.

I thought this was just my Fibro but does anyone else get it?
Please spay and neuter your pets.
Ruzin
UKFM Member

Re: Seizing up of the hands?

Postby denys » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:09 pm

I think it is part of my fibro, my hands will get pins and needles and then be so stiff its really painful to move them
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys

Postby gizmo72 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:18 pm

Hi, it was suggested to me by my physio, as I suffered stiff and painful hands in the morning to put them in warm water for about 5 mins and gentley move hands. Just an idea hope it is of some use :-?

Sent from my MT15i using Tapatalk 2
gizmo72
UKFM Newbie

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:51 am

yep my hands are rotton in the morning.look like crows feet lol some times they hurt all day some times just in the morning.its fibro thing i had x rays the lot and nothing wrong with them just fibro grrrrrrrrr
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Yep my hands started doing this a while ago. I'm now trying some arthritis gloves to see if it makes a difference, even if it's small. :-?

What I normally do is try and wash my face with warm water first thing in the morning (instead of making breakfast or coffee first). It hurts but helps me to get rid of the stiffness a bit quicker.
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby Jo the cat » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:41 am

Hi, I have a lot of hand trouble, mainly stiffness. I try to cycle when i'm not at work just for an hor or so & it's painful hands that make me have to stop & go home. I have got some gel handle bars which help a bit. Long car journeys are a real problem as my hands seize up so I have to keep them moving. Writing for any length of time hurts like hell ( who'd have thought it) it's all so frustrating!

All the best
Jo the cat
UKFM Newbie

Postby whoami » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:38 pm

I have issues with my hands also. Ican't use a pen or pencil very long before my hands are locking up and in pain.

I use Arnica gel, it really helps. I do wonder if some of my issue is osteoarthritis.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems