vertigo, dizzy spells and tinnitus

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: *Lisa*, shazq, denys, loubie, helen virgo, FluppyPuffy, janham

vertigo, dizzy spells and tinnitus

Postby tigger » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:41 pm

hi, does anyone else suffer from episodes of vertigo and dizziness, i keep waking up in the mornings with numb fingers as well, i had a c.t scan yesterday in a+e as i had some sort of blackout or seziure, never suffered with them before, my c.t scan came back clear no bleeds in the brain or tumours thank god. i have suffered with fb for the last seven years and my health has deteriated over that time. i wondered if anyone else had suffered with any of these symptons. thanks tigger
tigger
UKFM Newbie

Postby gillshutt » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:20 pm

If you look on the tinnitus thread you'll see someone has mentioned Menieres which is an ear problem and causes tinnitus and vertigo. Have a look HERE

Don't know if this is what you have. I was checked for it as I get tinnitus and vertigo but luckily don't have it (just the symptoms :roll: )

I would also ask the gp if it could be a problem with your neck, I have OA in my neck and the symptoms get worse when the OA is bad so think mine is down to that, maybe restricting blood flow or something.

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby cat123 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:41 pm

hi tigger I suffer from dizzyness ,which my dr said was caused through vertigo.If you have neck stiffness,or anklosing spondilitus,this can cause it.I only started with vertigo resantly,but ive had fibro a long time.This vertigo started,when my neck got stiff.When i exersize my kneck ,the dizzyness Vertigo,gets worse.The tablets for vertigo i take do help..........cat
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:27 pm

My dizzyness is because of very high Blood Pressure. But my daughter is laid low with Labrinithis.

fiona
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby star » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:34 pm

I am affected the same as gillshutt and have OA in my neck etc too.
Learn to live in the world with hope, love and peace but do not let the rest of the world live too much in you. Take time to enjoy your own company and be your own best friend for life.
star
UKFM Member

Re: vertigo, dizzy spells and tinnitus

Postby princess » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:36 pm

[quote="tigger"]hi, does anyone else suffer from episodes of vertigo and dizziness, i keep waking up in the mornings with numb fingers as well, i had a c.t scan yesterday in a+e as i had some sort of blackout or seziure, never suffered with them before, my c.t scan came back clear no bleeds in the brain or tumours thank god. i have suffered with fb for the last seven years and my health has deteriated over that time. i wondered if anyone else had suffered with any of these symptons. thanks tigger[/quote]

Well Tigger

You need to stop bouncing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry couldnt resist
fiona
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby star » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:52 pm

10 out of 10 princess! Am raging because I wish I had thought of that! :lol:
Learn to live in the world with hope, love and peace but do not let the rest of the world live too much in you. Take time to enjoy your own company and be your own best friend for life.
star
UKFM Member

Postby tigger » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:24 am

hi everyone, i had a phone call yesterday from the hospital, i have to go for a EEG on monday to check for epilepsy, i hope to god its not that!! .
i rely so much on my car to get me about, it looks like my driving license is gonna be suspended for 12 months and if i do not have another seziure in that time, i may get my license back.
can things get any bloody worse wonder, i don't know what gonna happen with my car as its a mobilitly car and whether i can send it back i have 9 months left on the rental left, my DLA is up for review in a few months as well, after reading some of the problems people are having trying to re- apply on here i'm really worried stressed out now. regards tigger
tigger
UKFM Newbie

Postby cat123 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:12 am

Hey tigger ,stop worrying,i got my dla when i re-applied,there are a few of us that have got it again,its getting it i the first place thats the hardest..............cat
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:43 am

Tip: if they suspect seizures and your driving is in doubt, consider voluntarily surrendering your licence - it means that if you get the ok, it only takes about a week to get it back with no medicals or major issues. I did this when seizures were suspected and when they got ruled out, I just called the DVLA up and about a week later I was ok to drive again. If you wait until your licence is taken away, it's a lot harder to get it back (having to wait for no seizures for a year, etc). Although it's not great giving up your licence at least it means you can get it back fast if you get the Ok (and so many things Fibro related can cause things similar to seizures that aren't seizures)
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby tigger » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:26 am

many thanks guys, you support is much appreciated regards tigger
tigger
UKFM Newbie

vertigo

Postby tiny clanger » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:42 pm

Hi sorry to hear that you are having a bad time. I was diagnosed a year ago but have been unwell with weird symptoms for years. One problems that seems to come and go is vertigo and loss of balance sometimes with and sometimes without tinnitus. I had a spell last year where for 6 months I constantly felt I was on board a boat. have had MRI of head and lots of other tests and nothing has shown up, so I think it is likely to be the fibro. Wish I could wave a magic wand for you as I know how horrible it feels. Take care and hope you feel better soon
tiny clanger
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:15 am

When I had a bad spell of this I went to Cardiff with hubby and the kids... summer hols... we went on a boat around the bay and for that brief trip I felt ok :shock: Dry land felt like I was on a boat but my brain could handle it and make sense of the feelings when I was on a boat! Weird. Maybe we should all live on a canal barge :lol:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby tiny clanger » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:36 pm

As you say maybe you need to live on water :lol: . I dont think I would have been able to face a boat trip when my vertigo was acting up, I think a sick bag would definately have been the order of the day. Have you ever tried homepoathy for the vertigo? There is a remedy called cocculus that you can buy from most good heath food shops or Boots and it did help a bit with my symptoms. Its perfectly safe to take with any other medication and causes no adverse reactions. Its not expensive so might be worth a shot and see if it works for you. In the meantime, stay off any merry go rounds and roller coasters.... take care
Kay :D
tiny clanger
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems