tennis elbow

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: *Lisa*, shazq, denys, loubie, helen virgo, FluppyPuffy, janham

tennis elbow

Postby cariad » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:43 am

Hi. I know this has been talked about before but I couldnt remember where. I have had this really painful condition for at least 6 months. Dr said support it = no good. Physio said massage = no good. Anti inflam = no good can't tolerate them. Am now desperate! Has anyone found an answer for this? :(
cariad
UKFM Member

Re: tennis elbow

Postby armanisgirl » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:25 am

Amputation??? :yikes: :lol:

I would try to keep it strapped up, pretty much all the time, as when you do things it's not getting a chance to heal. And, as it's the elbow, it's never getting a chance to heal as it's a part that you have to use and move for almost all activities. A firm tubigrip or bandaging on constantly will at least help support it, but also perhpas try an anti-inflam gel as well.
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Postby Deegill » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:19 pm

I have golfers elbow thanks to using crutches, i find arnica gel and tubi grips help.

good luck in finding a solution.

Dee
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:48 pm

I have had a very sore neck as you all know. Its not so bad now but my shoulder and down my arm is realy really sore, i have to see the physio on 22nd, so fingers crossed she can help me. Im not sure if i have moved something or if i have had a very bad spasm, all i know is its b.....y sore.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby luuluu » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:17 pm

I've had tennis elbow for well over a year now and nothing worked for me except complete rest. It flares up and I have to just not use it at all for a few days, the problem then is by using the other arm instead that one tends to flare up aswell :roll: I have found that wearing an tubigrip bandage helps me to remember not to use that arm to lift things etc.... as I forget and its only when I pick something up and feel the pain I think hmmm shudn't have done that :|

luuluu :hugs:
xxxxx
what other people think of me is really none of my business
luuluu
UKFM Member

Postby Lou » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:38 pm

Hi all

I've returned to work today after 5 weeks off sick with tennis elbow... total nightmare! Have been having intensive physio which is called inferential treatment but is basically an electric current passing through the joint to stimulate the blood flow (feels a bit like a TENS machine) and it has helped a lot.

The other thing to do is rest rest and more rest! I've been using my left hand as much as possible and as a result have broken loads of plates, glasses and mugs! :oops:

I find that sleeping with a pillow supporting my elbow helps as well.

Good luck with it, it's difficult to explain to people how painful it is! The good news is that it is self-limiting and will eventually go away (how long eventually is I don't know!)

Best wishes to you all :)

Lou
Lou
UKFM Member

Postby smoky » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:17 pm

here in france the doc injected mine with cortisone i think; that took it away for several months; hiwever i take daily anti inflammatories to help :oops:
smoky
UKFM Member

Postby smiler22 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:09 pm

i have tennis elbow resulting in an accident. i was given an epilator clamp. for the epilater nerve/ muscle thingy near your elbow. this did help me. but my gp and arm specilist told me to keep moving it in small movement every day as it can seize up and cause more probs. i have other probs anyway with arms. but i still have it and am having further investigations.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems