Feeling Dizzy and Falling Over???

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: *Lisa*, shazq, denys, loubie, helen virgo, FluppyPuffy, janham

Feeling Dizzy and Falling Over???

Postby Mini_Em » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:53 pm

Hi just wondering if anyone else suffers with dizziness and spinning?? :crazy:
When I lie down and when getting up everything spins makes me feel quite sick.
Also had a fall today when looking up to get something from top of wardrobe everything started to spin and fell over Hubby had to rescue me very sore and feeling silly :(
Thanks for reading any info or help advice always accepted xx :grouphug:

Emma
Mini_Em
UKFM Newbie

Re: Feeling Dizzy and Falling Over???

Postby KellyBelly » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:11 pm

Hi
I too suffer from dizzy spells and have passed out on many occasions (last week was full of dizziness/fainting - not fun!) I tend to get these dizzy spells alongside headaches - what about you? I find that a sugary drink helps a lot when I the room starts to spinning - something about the sugar hit seems to ease it off. Oh, I also got told by the doc that I had an ear infection last week - this in turn can send you off kilter and make you dizzy. Perhaps worth checking out?
:hugs:

ps. Sorry if that post was all over the place - soooo tired today!
KellyBelly
UKFM Member

Postby Mini_Em » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:54 pm

Thanks yeah will make an appointment just to get things checked :wave:
Mini_Em
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:20 pm

Hi Emma, I've had problems with dizziness and balance or the last 10 years plus. Initially I was diagnosed as having Meniere's Disease because of this, which turned out not to be the case. It was down to an audiologist that remembered me from my first appointment for balance tests that put the drs onto the possibility that my dizziness/balance problems might be related to migraines, which thankfully meant I didn't have to go thru the tests again.

Over time I've fell down the stairs and knocked myself out, lost my balance when I've been out and been accused of being drunk or on drugs by ignorant people that think they know everything, and fell over for no obvious reason on countless times. I constantly feel giddy/dizzy and when I walk it seems as if the ground is coming up and over, the sky is coming down, and everything around me is swirling round so fast that I'm going to be caught up in the middle of it all. I also have an awful feeling of pressure/fullness in both ears just to add to the tinnitus and fuzzy hearing :roll: along with the constant headache that is always verging on migraine-intensity and flares up into a full-blown one virtually daily :cry:

What Kelly has said about ear infections is right, and if you've got any new symptoms or feel that things are getting worse, it's always best to check it with your drs just to be sure :?
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy

Postby denys » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:53 pm

Hi Emma, yes me too I fall over regularly!!! get checked out just to put your mind at rest :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems