Baclofen

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: *Lisa*, shazq, denys, loubie, helen virgo, FluppyPuffy, janham

Baclofen

Postby mummy2427 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:50 pm

Hello :-D

I was just wondering if anyone has used of Baclofen being used to help treat Fibromyalgia? I am other medication but my Dr has put me on this to try and control the spasms i get in my back and hip.

My aunt gave me some of her pills she has to take and they gave me a new lease of life along with all my other medication but i dont know how i would go about asking my dr for this as he is rather old fashioned when it comes to giving out strong medication :!: I also know for a fact that most of the other dr's at my surgery just about give out paracetamol so i have no chance off them.

Would appreciate if anyone can help me out on this one thanks xx
mummy2427
UKFM Member

Re: Baclofen

Postby Niblet » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:23 pm

If I was you I would change GP surgery. If you have found something that works for you and they won't give it to you then you need to go somewhere else. Don't think its a good idea to try someone else's medication though as it may not be ok to take with the meds you are already on. I did try baclofen but didn't notice much benefit. Hope this helps
Niblet
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:54 pm

Hi mummy

I have never tried it but be careful taking someone else`s medications as they might have a reaction to the meds you are already on.

You could approach your Gp by saying your aunt was given them and they have really helped her and you would like to give them a try to see if they give you the same affect as your symptoms have got worse and you cant get your spasms under control. :fingerscrossed: :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq

Postby mummy2427 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:31 pm

Thanks for you both replying back to me :-D . I would love to change surgerys but because it has taken me 3 years to get it recognised that i have Fibromyalgia, i dont really wanna start at the beginning again if you see what i mean.

I think i will try what you have both said as currently i take 8 co codomal a day which helps keep the pain at bay for a couple but not the spasms. I have a feeling that my gp will not put me on anything stronger because of my age (im 31) but i feel they should be doin more to help me as it shouldnt matter what age i am/ I also suffer from a laberal tear in my left hip which has also led to me getting sciatica (excuse my spelling pls :!: )
mummy2427
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:42 pm

Hi
Here is a link of meds used to treat fibro, print it out and take it to the docs with you and show it to your Gp, just say that you have been reading about these meds and you would like to try something different as the meds you are on are not working, this is a NHS web site so he cant say i cant prescribe you them. :goodluck1:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq

Postby mummy2427 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Thanks alot :-P
mummy2427
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication